Your partner in charitable giving — today and forever
Do you want to drive positive change and achieve measurable results with your charitable gift today? Learn more about establishing a fund at the Community Foundation.
We have the expertise and leadership to help you give back to greater Birmingham in ways that are meaningful to you and to the community. We can serve as your partner in philanthropy, so you can make the most of your charitable giving. Contact Erin Stephenson to find out more.
Key questions to consider
To serve you best, we start by listening to what you want to accomplish with your charitable giving:
- Do you, your family or your business want to organize and focus your giving? An Advised Fund provides flexibility and benefits beyond a private foundation.
- Are you interested in tapping into the power of collective giving by pooling your charitable resources to achieve measurable results for our community? Our Giving Together program gives you the opportunity to be part of Community Foundation grantmaking.
- Would you like to know more about charitable giving options tailored to your own financial and estate planning goals? Community Foundations offer unique opportunities to use a variety of assets.
As our partner in giving, you receive:
- Simplicity and tax advantages of a public charity combined with the personal recognition, involvement and flexibility of a private foundation.
- Access to the highest level of strategic thinking on ways to meet community challenges and make your contributions as effective as possible.
- Easy and flexible giving options. We can work directly with you or through your attorney, accountant or financial advisor to determine the best assets – cash, appreciated securities, business interests, real estate and more – and to establish the right kind of grantmaking fund for your needs.
- Permanent connection to the Birmingham region, because the Community Foundation is a perpetual endowment and can provide a permanent source of support for causes or charities you care about.